Certain types of auto parts can be recycled or, more specifically, remanufactured for future sale. These parts have a core charge that is used as a form of deposit on the portion of the part that can be remanufactured and that is designed to encourage return of the old part. The “core,” simply put, is your old part. Returning cores can save you money on replacement parts.
Our core policy is simple just send back your old part (CUSTOMER PAYS SHIPPING) and we will inspect for any major damage, missing pieces, or broken parts. A list of things we check can be found down below under our core guidelines. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer a core refund or warranty.
- It is the responsibility of the customer or mechanic to send back the core in its original box.
- Once you’re ready to ship, please remove any old shipping labels on the original box.
- It is also the customer’s responsibility to repack the item(s) that are being returned and make sure that it is properly and securely packed with enough packaging material to prevent the item from being damaged. We cannot give a core refund on a returned package that got damaged or loss due to insufficient packing.
- Please do not send your core return to UNDER POWER STEERING without a valid tracking number
These are a few things we check when we received a core.
- Broken or Stripped Mountings
- Damaged Port Threads
- Broken or Damaged Housing
- Damaged Steel Lines
- Damaged Pinion Splines
- Bent Tie Rod Ends
- Missing Parts
- Improper Play
To be eligible for a core refund, your item must pass our core guidelines, it must also be in the original packaging, no core refunds on items that shows signs of any of our core guidelines. Please keep in mind you have 30 days to send back your core. Unfortunately, if 30 days have pass you will not have warranty on your item nor a core refund.
If core does not pass and customer wants their core sent back, customer will be responsible for all shipping and handling fees that applied. You will not receive your core charge for the amount made, just your old core in the way we received it.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your core. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your core. Cores need time for evaluation & are reviewed in the order they are received
If your core is approved, then your refund for the core amount will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days. Please contact your credit card company or bank, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
If you haven’t received a core update/ or refund yet, please contact us at INFO@UNDERPOWERSTEERING.COM or at 714 522-8382
—- Copyright © 2020 UNDER POWER STEERING – All Rights Reserved.